Arts4All Florida provides monthly webinars during the school year so that teaching artists, classroom teachers, cultural arts organizations and adult artists with disabilities can keep up-to-date on the latest information on the arts and disability. These webinars are provided free of charge; however, registration is required.
November: Becoming a Trained Professional Musician
The November webinars will focus on what to do while you’re in college studying music to set yourself up for success after college, and how to start making your living as a professional musician. This will include networking, marketing yourself, booking your own gigs, time management, money management and more. Paul will share personal stories, but more importantly, he will give practical information on how you can make the best possible decisions for your own professional goals! This webinar is appropriate for high school musicians and their parents, college-age musicians, and adult musicians looking to make a career out of their art.
- November 15, 4-5 pm (east coast)
- November 29, 4-5 pm (east coast)
December: Continuing Your Musical Career After High School
In this webinar, Paul will describe the process he went through in choosing the best college for his musical needs and how he got there including visiting college campuses, meeting instructors, getting scholarships, and more. Paul will also describe the process he went through to create a winning application for the Kennedy Center’s VSA International Young Soloist contest. Paul will share his personal stories, but more importantly, he will give practical information on how you can make the best possible decisions for your own needs! This webinar is appropriate for high school musicians and their parents, as well as high school music teachers.
- December 6, 4-5 pm (east coast)
Presenter: Paul Gavin is a professional drummer, teacher, and composer/arranger in the Tampa Bay area. He’s been making his entire living as a freelance musician for over three years. Paul is Florida’s only winner of the VSA International Young Soloist Competition and he has also won the Downbeat Student Music Award. Paul plays professionally throughout Florida, as well as occasionally out of the state. As an educator, Paul has taught hundreds of students in private and group settings, several of which have gone on to teach professionally, earn scholarships to major in music in college, march drum corps and indoor drumlines, and more.
To register for this webinar, visit https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4471787/2018-2019-Webinar-Registration.
The webinar links and dial-in information will be provided when you register.
2018-2019 Archived Webinars
- Residency Nuts & Bolts - August 22, 2018
- Lessons that Work #1 - September 12, 2018
- Lessons that Work #2 - September 13, 2018
- Slides from September webinar - Lessons that Work #1
- Slides from September webinar - Lessons that Work #2
- Teaching Transition Skills in the Visual Art Room - October 22, 2018
2017-2018 Archived Webinars:
- Differentiation in the Creative Classroom - September 27, 2017
- ACES and Trauma-Informed Teaching in Art Education - October 27, 2017
- Universal Access Via Technology Provides Music Making for All - November 19, 2017
- Intro to Accommodations in the Arts - December 7, 2017
- Engaging ALL Learners Using Alternative Painting and Printing Techniques - January 25, 2018
- Reaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders - February 21, 2018
- Here and Wow - Creative Activities for the Classroom using the ArtThread Gallery - March 16, 2018
- Theater for All - May 1, 2018
- The Inclusive Art Room: Strategies for Success in Elementary Visual Art - May 7, 2018
- Choosing Creativity: Choice-Based Art Education for the Inclusive Classroom - May 24, 2017
- Exploring Today's Marketing Frontier - April 28, 2017
- Sculpture for ALL Learners - April 13, 2017
- Polishing Your Artistic Image - March 22, 2017
- Technology for Including Students with Disabilities in Music Activities - March 13, 2017
- Notes from the Field: Theater and Drama - February 17, 2017
- Techniques for Including Students with EBD- January 23, 2017
- Making the Arts Accessible for Students with Multiple and Profound Disabilities - October 19, 2016
- Integrated Dance Techniques - December 9, 2016
Arts4All Florida webinars are supported in part by the Florida Department of Education’s Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services and the Florida Department of State’s Division of Cultural Affairs.