Arts4All Florida provides monthly webinars during the school year so that teaching artists, classroom teachers, cultural arts organizations and adult artists with disabilities can keep up-to-date on the latest information on the arts and disability. These webinars are provided free of charge; however, registration is required.
January/February: Transition Skills in Music Education
It is well known that life after high school can be very challenging for students with disabilities. Researchers have identified certain specific skills -- known as transition skills -- that students can develop to help them negotiate life after high school. In this webinar, participants will learn about the intersection between learning in the arts and developing transition skills. We will explore some teaching strategies that will help arts teachers to ensure that their students develop skills that will help them to be successful in school and beyond.
- January 31, 4 to 5 pm (east coast time)
- February 7, 4 to 5 pm (east coast time)
Presenter: Rhoda Bernard, Ed.D. is the Managing Director of the Berklee Institute for Arts Education and Special Needs (www.berklee.edu/biaesn), a catalyst for the inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of visual and performing arts education. There she directs numerous arts education programs for people with disabilities ages 3 to adult, she leads first-of-their-kind graduate programs in music education and autism, and she provides professional development to educators and others in the field. Bernard holds Masters and Doctorate degrees in Education from Harvard Graduate School of Education, and Bachelors degrees from Harvard University and New England Conservatory of Music. She publishes widely in peer-reviewed journals and presents research sessions and workshops internationally.
To register for this webinar, visit https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4471787/2018-2019-Webinar-Registration.
The webinar links and dial-in information will be provided when you register.
2018-2019 Archived Webinars
- Residency Nuts & Bolts - August 22, 2018
- Lessons that Work #1 - September 12, 2018
- Lessons that Work #2 - September 13, 2018
- Slides from September webinar - Lessons that Work #1
- Slides from September webinar - Lessons that Work #2
- Teaching Transition Skills in the Visual Art Room - October 22, 2018
- Becoming a Trained Professional Musician - November 15, 2018
- Continuing Your Musical Career After High School - December 6, 2018
2017-2018 Archived Webinars:
- Differentiation in the Creative Classroom - September 27, 2017
- ACES and Trauma-Informed Teaching in Art Education - October 27, 2017
- Universal Access Via Technology Provides Music Making for All - November 19, 2017
- Intro to Accommodations in the Arts - December 7, 2017
- Engaging ALL Learners Using Alternative Painting and Printing Techniques - January 25, 2018
- Reaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders - February 21, 2018
- Here and Wow - Creative Activities for the Classroom using the ArtThread Gallery - March 16, 2018
- Theater for All - May 1, 2018
- The Inclusive Art Room: Strategies for Success in Elementary Visual Art - May 7, 2018
- Choosing Creativity: Choice-Based Art Education for the Inclusive Classroom - May 24, 2017
- Exploring Today's Marketing Frontier - April 28, 2017
- Sculpture for ALL Learners - April 13, 2017
- Polishing Your Artistic Image - March 22, 2017
- Technology for Including Students with Disabilities in Music Activities - March 13, 2017
- Notes from the Field: Theater and Drama - February 17, 2017
- Techniques for Including Students with EBD- January 23, 2017
- Making the Arts Accessible for Students with Multiple and Profound Disabilities - October 19, 2016
- Integrated Dance Techniques - December 9, 2016
Arts4All Florida webinars are supported in part by the Florida Department of Education’s Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services and the Florida Department of State’s Division of Cultural Affairs.