Arts4All Florida provides monthly webinars during the school year so that teaching artists, classroom teachers, cultural arts organizations and adult artists with disabilities can keep up-to-date on the latest information on the arts and disability. These webinars are provided free of charge; however, registration is required.
August: Residency Nuts and Bolts
Let’s talk Residencies! Get prepared for the new school year with a webinar designed with the latest info. Dee Miller, Director of Education, and Jennifer Sabo, Executive Director, will provide updates on the residency program and forms. A brief tutorial on using C-PALMs for standards will be included. ALL artists (those who have been with us for years and those who are new) should attend.
Jennifer Sabo is the Executive Director of Arts4All Florida and provides leadership and management to Arts4All Florida’s statewide arts organization, supervising all functions related to administration, fundraising, and programming. Prior to arriving at Arts4All Florida, Ms. Sabo served as Executive Director at the Children’s Museum of Alamance County, Director of Education at the Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples, and Youth Programs Manager at the Ringling Museum of Art. Ms. Sabo serves as a member of the Parent Involvement and Engagement Strategic Planning Committee for the Florida Department of Education- Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services, as a panel reviewer for a variety of grants. Ms. Sabo has a Master of Arts in Museum Studies with a concentration in Education from the University of Florida and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Dee Youmans-Miller is the Director of Education at Arts4All Florida. Mrs. Miller oversees all school and Department of Juvenile Justice residencies throughout the state as well as designs all print and other collateral materials. Mrs. Miller has a Bachelor of Arts in Art History and a Master of Arts in Art Education with years teaching in the college setting. Mrs. Miller is a practicing artist who has received numerous awards and honors. Most recently, Mrs. Miller was selected as one of 6 artists in Tampa Bay to receive recognition for her artistic talents in a juried competition. Mrs. Miller is a member of Las Damas de Arte and has spent countless hours volunteering for adults and children with special needs.
- August 26, 4-5 pm (east coast)
- August 28, 11-12 pm am (east coast)
To register for any of these FREE webinars, please visit: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5134270/2019-2020-Webinar-Registration
2018-2019 Archived Webinars
- Residency Nuts & Bolts - August 22, 2018
- Lessons that Work #1 - September 12, 2018
- Lessons that Work #2 - September 13, 2018
- Slides from September webinar - Lessons that Work #1
- Slides from September webinar - Lessons that Work #2
- Teaching Transition Skills in the Visual Art Room - October 22, 2018
- Becoming a Trained Professional Musician - November 15, 2018
- Continuing Your Musical Career After High School - December 6, 2018
- Arts and Transition Skills for Students with Disabilities - January 31, 2019
- Hip Hop Art Programs in the Juvenile Justice Department - February 21, 2019
- Your Creative Edge - March 21, 2019
2017-2018 Archived Webinars:
- Differentiation in the Creative Classroom - September 27, 2017
- ACES and Trauma-Informed Teaching in Art Education - October 27, 2017
- Universal Access Via Technology Provides Music Making for All - November 19, 2017
- Intro to Accommodations in the Arts - December 7, 2017
- Engaging ALL Learners Using Alternative Painting and Printing Techniques - January 25, 2018
- Reaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders - February 21, 2018
- Here and Wow - Creative Activities for the Classroom using the ArtThread Gallery - March 16, 2018
- Theater for All - May 1, 2018
- The Inclusive Art Room: Strategies for Success in Elementary Visual Art - May 7, 2018
- Choosing Creativity: Choice-Based Art Education for the Inclusive Classroom - May 24, 2017
- Exploring Today's Marketing Frontier - April 28, 2017
- Sculpture for ALL Learners - April 13, 2017
- Polishing Your Artistic Image - March 22, 2017
- Technology for Including Students with Disabilities in Music Activities - March 13, 2017
- Notes from the Field: Theater and Drama - February 17, 2017
- Techniques for Including Students with EBD- January 23, 2017
- Making the Arts Accessible for Students with Multiple and Profound Disabilities - October 19, 2016
- Integrated Dance Techniques - December 9, 2016
Arts4All Florida webinars are supported in part by the Florida Department of Education’s Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services and the Florida Department of State’s Division of Cultural Affairs.